Position: Victim Advocate
Purpose: To provide advocacy, information, support, and resources to SAC clients
Reports To: Director of Advocacy, SAFE Clinic and Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis Line
Major Duties Include:
• To provide advocacy services to sexual assault survivors of all ages (safety planning; filing for victim’s compensation; communicating between clients and law enforcement or other government agencies; accompany clients to court; assisting clients in pressing charges or obtaining orders of protection against the sexual offender; connecting clients to other need edresources; etc.).
• Participate in Medical Accompaniment Program by assuming on-call and clinic coverage responsibilities, when needed, to respond to rape victims seeking medical legal exams at SAFE Clinic, Nashville General Hospital and Vanderbilt Medical Center.
• Provide follow-up contact with clients within 48 hours of a referral to SAC for advocacy.
• Provide referrals to other SAC departments and nonprofit agencies.
• To assist clients in navigating the criminal justice system including accompaniment with client to interviews with law enforcement and district attorney as well as court proceedings.
• To attend Criminal Injuries Compensation training every 3 years.
• To provide education and training to the community regarding sexual assault victimization issues.
• To increase collaborative relationships with other community agencies providing legal and victim advocacy services to clients.
• To maintain appropriate and thorough documentation and electronic records.
• To attend regularly scheduled Advocacy Team meetings.
• Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with supervisor.• Other duties assigned.
Job Type:Full-Time, salaried position ($45,000 annually). Primarily 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with some evening,overnight, and weekend hours required. This is a hybrid position.
• A bachelor’s degree in social work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, or another related field.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in related field.
• Experience in the field of supporting victims.
• Ability to offer stabilization and safety planning assistance to crisis clients.
• Experience and comfort with public speaking.
• Familiarity with the court system and TN State codes and laws is preferred.
• Ability to communicate with professionals clearly and effectively from varied fields including social service organizations, law enforcement, criminal justice, government agencies, other therapeutic organizations.
• Experience working with sexual assault victims/survivors and/or systems/organizations working on behalf of sexual assault victims/survivors preferred.SAC reserves the right to waive any of the above qualifications dependent on work experience and other qualifying factors.
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams of individuals representing multiple organizations and interests.
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders from multiple disciplines to build and maintain meaningful relationships and partnerships.
• Models’ trauma-informed approach and cultural humility related to client care, and team/organizational wellness.
• Organized, detail oriented, and flexible.
• Able to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
• Utilizes good judgement to navigate uncertainty and conflict.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).• Ability to navigate electronic record keeping systems.SAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Futuro is now. Are you ready to join 600+ students that have reaped the enormous benefits of being a part of the familia? Join today!Get started