TIRRC VotesPosition: Voter Engagement Coordinator
Part-Time Temporary Position, 20 hours/week with estimated end date November 15, 2023.
Location: Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville
Pay: $20 per hour
TIRRC Votes is seeking Voter Engagement Coordinators to spearhead our electoral efforts across the state during the 2023 municipal elections in Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville. The Voter Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for executing parts of the overall field plan to get immigrant and refugee communities registered to vote and participate in the 2023 elections.
● Organize and mobilize community members to participate in partner mobilization events led by TIRRC Votes and their partners;
● Create and implement organizational voter registration events;
● Call voters, members, volunteers, and community members to encourage them to vote, invite member sand supporters to virtual events and webinars, and answer questions from potential voters;
● Create multilingual spaces and education opportunities for immigrant and refugee voters across the state;
● Coordinate a team of volunteers to canvass across the city;
● Collect and compile stories of first and second generation immigrant and refugee voters;
● Share information about relevant policy changes, campaigns, and services to various community groups via email, text, and social media;
● Attend online or in person community meetings and events to recruit supporters, prospective volunteers, represent the organization, and share information about TIRRC Votes;● Register eligible voters online and encourage registered voters to vote in elections before the voter registration deadlines;
● Recruit and train individual and organizational volunteers to phone bank and canvass for GOTV campaigns;
● Enter data and contacts into organizational databases;
● Represent the organization in traditional, ethnic, and social media as needed;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Belief in TIRRC Votes’s mission and commitment to social justice;
● Familiarity with city of Nashville, Memphis, or Knoxville preferred;
● Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse communities;
● Strong computer skills; experience with VAN, MiniVAN, VoteBuilder, ThruText, Hustle, and Reach preferred;
● Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment;
● Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends with possibility of travel;
● Fluency in English required and another language preferred;
● Must have reliable transportation.To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
Your Futuro is now. Are you ready to join 600+ students that have reaped the enormous benefits of being a part of the familia? Join today!Get started