POSITION: East TN Community OrganizerTemporary Full-Time Exempt Position. Based in Chattanooga. Reports to the Campaigns Manager.TIRRC is seeking an enthusiastic East TN Community Organizer to work with our organizing team to connect individuals to TIRRC’s existing services, campaigns, and leadership development opportunities. The ideal candidate for this position is an established leader within immigrant and refugee communities in Chattanooga with strong communication and organizational skills.RESPONSIBILITIES:Community Education:
● Lead community education campaigns to ensure that immigrant and refugee communities have accurate and timely information about policy changes that impact the lives of their community;
● Lead outreach efforts about TIRRC’s services and leadership development opportunities;
● Coordinate the program, outreach, and logistics for meetings, actions, and strategic gatherings.Community Engagement & Organizing:
● Develop and implement strategies to connect Chattanooga community members to TIRRC’s broader organizing work, with a focus on TIRRC’s statewide Essential Workers Network;
● Build a base of engaged leaders from diverse immigrant and refugee communities who can inform and lead TIRRC’s advocacy campaigns;
● Hold individual and group meetings to develop and deepen relationships with community leaders andi dentify important issues affecting the community;
● Facilitate member groups in developing local strategy, tactics, outreach, and mobilization;
● Lead mobilization efforts to increase the participation of diverse immigrant and refugee communities inTIRRC events and actions.Vaccine Outreach Field Program:
● Manage vaccine outreach campaigns in Chattanooga to educate immigrant and refugee communities;
● Create and maintain an updated database of available vaccine clinics and pop-up events in the East TNregion;
● Build partnerships with clinics and health departments to make vaccines accessible to immigrant and refugee communities.
● Represent TIRRC at community events, in the media, and with other organizations as needed;
● Ensure all data is maintained in the organizational database;
● Participate in significant organizational events;
● Recruit dues-paying individual and organizational members to join TIRRC.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every position at TIRRC, every person in the organization will assist their colleagues to ensure a cooperative environment and respond to the needs of the moment.
● Belief in TIRRC’s mission and experience with social justice;
● Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse communities;
● Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
● Ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds;
● Proficiency with Google Suite or other office productivity tools and video conferencing required;
● Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends, and travel outside of Chattanooga as needed;
● Fluency in English required and another language is preferred;
● Must have reliable transportation
Salary Range: $42,400-45,000
Full-time TIRRC employees are eligible to receive medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of the medical employee premium covered by TIRRC, participate in a 401K retirement plan, and receive 24/7access to an Employee Assistance Program. In addition, TIRRC provides paid leave including up to 15 vacation days, 13 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of paid sick leave in an employee’s first year and 6 weeks of paid parentalleave.To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Your Futuro is now. Are you ready to join 600+ students that have reaped the enormous benefits of being a part of the familia? Join today!Get started